"At Urban Pet Hospital & Resort, our mission is to better the lives of animals."
- We are seeking an experienced Veterinarian to join our team in a full-time position.
- You will be performing surgeries on injured animals, treating wounds, spaying/neutering animals, and prescribing medicine.
- Join us if you love being around animals and are committed to offering them the best possible healthcare.
As a Veterinarian, you will:
- Examine animals and check their health status
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment
- Dress wounds of injured animals
- Perform dental, ophthalmic, and orthopedic surgeries
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
- Spay and neuter cats and dogs as needed
- Prescribe medication
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare, and general care
- Conduct home visits occasionally, in case of emergency
- Update client records
- Qualified candidates should have at least three years of experience in a shelter or private practice or equivalent
- Experience with animal control veterinary work
- Proficient in general medicine and surgery
- Doctor of Veterinary degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Current DEA License or obtained upon hire
- Active Veterinary State License
- USDA Accreditation or obtained upon hire
There is exposure to barking dogs and cleaning chemicals.
Veterinarian must also be aware of the risks inherent in working with animals and take proper safety precautions to minimize the potential for injury from bites, scratches, or kicks.
- Salary: Negotiable -