"At Urban Pet Hospital & Resort, our mission is to better the lives of animals."
- We are seeking an enthusiastic individual experienced with the public and who puts customer service above all else on a day-to-day basis.
- The role will be working alongside our veterinarians, veterinary nurses, and patient care assistants.
As a Veterinary Receptionist, you will primarily assist with day-to-day activities.
- Answering the telephone and booking appointments
- Processing prescription requests
- Dealing with clients at the reception desk, taking payments, and dealing with inquiries
- Recording client and animal information, the system
- Assisting with clinical and non-clinical duties
- Handling animals
- Previous experience in a client services role, including finance/accounts responsibility
- Previous veterinary experience is preferable but not essential
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Experience in dealing and interacting with a wide variety of the general public and their inquiries
- An understanding of critical IT functions. (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service
- Positive ‘can make’ approach aligned to our core values.
- An understanding of basic animal welfare
There is exposure to barking dogs and cleaning chemicals.
Veterinary Receptionist must also be aware of the risks inherent in working with animals and take proper safety precautions to minimize the potential for injury from bites, scratches, or kicks.
- Salary: Negotiable -