Pet owners, especially those in low and fixed-income households, are often faced with unexpected, unforeseen expenses for veterinary care, leaving them wondering where to find financial support.
Fortunately, crowdfunding, non-profit organizations, care credit, preventive care, and getting pet insurance have become reliable ways to finance veterinary care.
The commitment to provide your pet with health care, although costly, is a must.
Read on to learn how to find financial assistance for veterinary care for your pet.
5 Best Ways to Find Financial Assistance for Veterinary Care
Did you know Americans spent 32.3 billion on veterinary care and pet products in 2021 alone?
Most veterinary care in the U.S. is affordable, but a few may burn a hole in your pocket. Sometimes unexpected circumstances can trouble everyone affording their pet.
Let us check out the ways to find financial aid for affordable veterinary care.
Non-profit organizations play an essential role in helping pet owners find financial assistance for veterinary care.
Several non-profit organizations provide financial assistance for veterinary care to pet owners struggling to pay for their pet's medical expenses.
Some of these organizations include the Pet Fund, Red Rover, and The Humane Society of the United States.
- These organizations work specifically to provide financial aid to pet owners facing unexpected or high veterinary bills.
- Some offer grants or loans, while others provide low-cost spaying and neutering, wellness clinics, and emergency veterinary care.
- Some even offer educational resources and advice on finding other sources of financial assistance for veterinary care.
- The Humane Society of the United States provides hands-on care for more than 100,000 animals annually, including horses, companion animals, and wildlife.
Pet owners needing financial assistance can contact local non-profit organizations to inquire about available resources and services.
Crowdfunding is another way to raise money for a cause by collecting small contributions from many people.
Crowdfunding platforms such as GoFundMe or YouCaring can be a great way to get financial assistance for veterinary care.
You can also consider Waggle, a pet-dedicated crowdfunding solution that channels funds directly to verified veterinarians for a pet’s care.
- These are the trusted platforms with built-in assurances that safeguard against fraudulent campaigns.
- 100% of donations raised for a particular animal are sent directly to the veterinary clinic, providing total transparency.
- It allows people to tap into the generosity of their friends, family, and even strangers to help cover the cost of medical treatment for their pets.
- You can also share the campaign on social media, email, or other online platforms to reach more people.
If enough people contribute, the campaign's goal can be reached, and the funds can be used to pay for veterinary care.
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card that can be used to pay for routine veterinary appointments, emergency pet care, and various surgeries and treatments your pet may need.